Besides just chilling in your house and watching Netflix all day, what other best feeling do you know of? Well, if it’s not riding a cruiser bike then maybe you haven’t tried having fun at all. As a woman, the feeling you experience when riding is delightful and lets you get a taste of what life would have been like if you were free and had all the time in the world for yourself. Get your hands on one of the best cruiser bikes for women and create good memories when you peddle through the streets or on your way to the beach.
- 1 7 Best Cruiser Bikes for Women 2020
- 1.1 1. Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s Hybrid Bicycle – Best Premium Pick
- 1.2 2. Firmstrong Beach Cruiser Urban Lady Bicycle – Best Design
- 1.3 3. Sixthreezero Around the Block – Best Value for Money
- 1.4 4. Huffy Nel Lusso 26-inch Women’s Cruiser Bike – Best for Running Errands
- 1.5 5. Margaritaville Women’s Coast Is Clear Beach Cruiser – Best Lightweight Option
- 1.6 6. Schwinn Miko Women’s Cruiser Bike – Best Budget Friendly
- 1.7 7. Pure City 26-Inch Women’s Cruiser Bike – Best Comfortability
- 2 Types of Cruiser Bikes
- 3 Features to Look for in a Beach Cruiser Bike
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4.0.1 Q: Is Having a Beach Cruiser Bike Important?
- 4.0.2 Q: What Should I Do if My Bike Arrives Damaged
- 4.0.3 Q: How Much Assembly Does a Beach Cruiser Require?
- 4.0.4 Q: How Fast can I Ride my Cruiser Bike?
- 4.0.5 Q: How is a Beach Cruiser Bike Different from Other Bikes?
- 4.0.6 Q: Can I Use a Cruiser Bike for Commuting?
- 5 Conclusion
7 Best Cruiser Bikes for Women 2020
1. Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s Hybrid Bicycle – Best Premium Pick
You can ride this sleek, modern hybrid cruiser around your neighborhood or to anywhere you would like to go with it. It is made to handle any type of ride, whether you want to go for a smooth ride on a flat terrain, ride up the hill, tackle long trails and demanding streets or ride to the beach in style. The best thing you will love about this bike is that it will give you a lot of freedom to choose the type of ride you want.
Other bikes will only give you two options; multi-speed or single-speed. With the Sixthreezero EVRYjourney, you can customize your speed by choosing from 21, 7, 3, or 1 speed and tailor your bike to your needs.
It features an aluminum frame that makes it sturdy enough to support weight of up to 300 pounds. It is also fitted with cushioned saddles, massive tires, chain guard and kickstand to give you a fulfilling riding experience at all levels. Its chrome components and other parts are built to last with you for many days. You are assured of comfort and adventure all the way thanks to its forward pedaling design. This design ensures that your back stays upright while riding. Its frame geometry is designed to allow you to put your foot flat on the ground comfortably when you stop.
- Multiple gear options gives allows you to choose the kind of ride you want.
- Aluminum frame is durable and can handle weight of up to 300 pounds.
- Upright riding posture is friendly to your shoulders and back.
- Available in multiple designs and colors.
- Its saddle is foam cushioned.
- Aluminum frame ensures that the bike stays light yet sturdy.
- Wide handlebars feel more comfortable.
- Comfortable even for people with longer legs.
- Fitted with features that makes it practical to daily lives.
- Does not come with a bell.
- Quite expensive.
2. Firmstrong Beach Cruiser Urban Lady Bicycle – Best Design
Looking for a cruiser bike that is a combination of style, prestige and comfort to ride to the beach? Then Firmstrong Beach Cruiser Urban Bicycle is what you should get. Just looking at this bike lets you know that it has been specially made for ladies. Its 17-inch frame is made of steel with a female-friendly tube design.
As a result, it possesses very subtle curves throughout its frame, giving it a lady-like modern flair with a throwback look. Besides riding it to the beach, you can also use it for other occasions, like navigating through the city streets.
Its main feature is its slim frame. As a result, it is lightweight hence you can ride it for long distance without feeling worn out. It is strategically engineered with features that makes it a versatile cruiser without losing any of the classic features and styles of a vintage cruiser. The Urban Lady comes with three different speed versions; the default single speed mode, the 3-speed and the 7-speed version. For the default speed setup, you can achieve speeds of between 3 to 15 miles per hour. If you fancy riding faster, you can use the other speed versions. The gearing system is designed to facilitate quick acceleration and make it easy for you to maintain your speed even when you are seated.
- Extra-large saddle has additional padding for maximum comfort.
- Available in a vast range of colors.
- Strong frame for a safe and secure riding experience.
- Fitted with Kenda tires for a nice and easy ride.
- Strong handle for maximum control while riding the bicycle.
- The curves on its frame makes it very attractive.
- Light weight for a smooth ride.
- Fitted with coaster brakes that are easy to use.
- Its seat arrangement is designed to alleviate back problems.
- Frequent maintenance is required.
- Comes in pieces that needs to be assembled.
3. Sixthreezero Around the Block – Best Value for Money
Classic cruiser bikes are very expensive, right? What if you could get your hands on a classic cruiser at an affordable price? Around the Block is the perfect cruiser bike for any woman looking for a bicycle at a pocket friendly price. It’s a bike that is designed to be simple to ride. There’s no need for you to bother with multi-geared bicycles that cost a lot of money if all you want is a simple ride to your yoga classes or to the beach.
What you love the most about the Around the Block is its lightweight. As a result, it is the perfect bike for long distance riding in flat terrains. It lacks handbrakes and gears which makes it super lightweight. All you need to do is grip the handlebars, put your legs on the pedals and start cycling with your eyes to the front. With four speed versions- 21-speed, 7-speed, 7-speed, 3-speed, single-speed, you are assured of riding to your destination with a lot of style and grace. Its seat is designed to make you ride it while in an upright position. As a result, you can ride it for long distance without feeling any back pains. The bike also comes with an additional accessory- rear rack. You can use it to carry your baskets or any other item that you might want to bring along while riding.
- Available in 10 different colors.
- Its frame is made of steel to make it strong and durable.
- Wide handlebar for added riding comfort.
- Features Shimano component that is of high quality.
- Stylish design.
- Riding it is a breeze thanks to its coaster brakes.
- Requires little maintenance.
- 26-inch wide aluminum wheels for a cushioned ride even on rough terrains.
- Stops easily thanks to its coaster brakes that are applied by pedaling backwards.
- The rear-rack is sold separately.
- It’s quite tough to assemble.
4. Huffy Nel Lusso 26-inch Women’s Cruiser Bike – Best for Running Errands
Looking for the perfect bike to ride while running your neighborhood errands? Then the Huffy Nel Lusso Women’s Cruiser is what you need. It is exclusively designed to deliver you a more comfortable ride. It is designed in such a way that you can comfortably keep both your feet flat footed on the ground while you are seated. This makes stopping as easy as taking a breath.
That’s not all, its handlebars are raised to make it easy for you to ride while in an upright position. This ensures that your hands, arms and back stay in their natural position when you are riding. As a result, you can ride it for long distance without feeling any back pains or discomfort. You can also extend your legs forward while you are pedaling so that you don’t feel leg and wrist fatigue.
What makes riding the Nel Lusso even more comfortable is how its padded seat is designed. It is made to have a low center of gravity by being put a little farther back. Its steel tube frame gives you more confidence while riding as it gives the bike the rigidity it needs to support a weight of up to 300 pounds. The Nel Lusso cruiser also has several convenient features that you will surely enjoy. It comes with a rear rack, a basket, and a beverage cup holder where you can carry any of your energy drinks. The handlebar also has a basket where you can store your cellphone while riding.
- Convenient beverage holder to carry water and other drinks to quench your thirst.
- Extra storage space in the rear rack.
- Coaster brakes are easy to use and provide an easy and enjoyable ride.
- Dual density pedals and grips ensures that you stay comfortable throughout your ride.
- Sturdy fenders ensure that you stay clean and dry.
- Has an eye-catching design.
- Lightweight since it only weighs 47 pounds.
- Comes with clear assembly instructions that make it easy to assemble.
- It only has 1-speed mode.
- Lacks some of the necessary tools for assembling it.
- Requires a lot of repair and maintenance.
5. Margaritaville Women’s Coast Is Clear Beach Cruiser – Best Lightweight Option
You are going to feel like you are gliding and floating through the air when you ride the Margaritaville Women’s Coast Is Clear Bike. This is because of its lightweight frame that is made of aluminum, making it very easy to maneuver and ride this bike. Whether you want to go on a bumper ride or just ride on a flat terrain, be rest assured that this bike will handle whatever you throw its way.
You will enjoy maximum riding comfort, thanks to its high-rise handlebars. For added comfort, it is fitted with soft padded seats. The Margaritaville is designed with a 7 speed drivetrain that is fitted with Revo shift twisters. This ensures that you can ride the bike on any terrain. As a result, you will have a smooth ride even on bumpy roads.
The bike consists of side pull hand brakes that makes stopping stress free. The bike is cute to look at hence you will get a lot of compliments from folks on the trail. It is designed to prevent back pains to riders since you can ride it while seated in an upright position. The bike is reasonably priced so you won’t have to break the bank to get it. It uses wide tires to deliver a smooth riding experience to you.
- Available in simple and classic color.
- Designed with fenders that offer full coverage.
- Comes with additional accessories like a cup holder and a wire mesh basket.
- You can adjust the handlebars to whatever angle that feels good to you.
- Super comfortable to ride.
- Lightweight aluminum frame for easy maneuverability.
- Pretty easy to put together.
- Seat is designed to prevent back pains.
- It only has a single speed gearing model.
- You have to assemble it on your own.
- It is not available in a variety of colors.
6. Schwinn Miko Women’s Cruiser Bike – Best Budget Friendly
Would you say no to riding along the beach on a bike that is specifically designed for such kind of terrain? You wouldn’t. The Schwinn MikkoWomen’s Cruiser will offer you a relaxing ride while enjoying a satisfying view of the beach. It features a steel frame that gives it the required strength to support your weight while making the bike itself lightweight.
Fitted with retro-style fenders on both the front and rear, even when you are riding on a muddy or dusty terrain, your clothes will stay clean. It has 3 speed drive train options which include; seven-speed, three-speed and single-speed. As a result, you can adjust your speed to different cycling situations. For comfort, the bike is fitted with a cruiser saddle that is padded and has springs. Even when you are cycling on a bumpy road, you will not feel any shock. The front and rear pull brakes gives you confidence while riding since you are sure of bringing the bike to a stop with a lot of ease. You will love how the company has paid attention to the design and safety of this bike. The seat is also designed to allow you to ride it in an upward position so that your back and arms don’t feel the strain.
- It takes less than 40 minutes to assemble it.
- Features a classy vintage loo.
- The front and rear fenders keep dirt from kicking up so that you always stay clean.
- Shimano drivetrain keeps dust and dirt out of the gears.
- Easier for beginners to ride thanks to its twist gear shift.
- Padded springer saddle offers better comfort.
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Available in a variety of colors.
- Some people may view its vintage design as being out of date.
- Not suitable for riders who are taller than 5’9 in height.
7. Pure City 26-Inch Women’s Cruiser Bike – Best Comfortability
This bike is perfect for cruising along the beach on a sunny day. You can also ride it on the street while running your errands. When you buy it, it comes as a complete package with everything you need to effortlessly ride it anywhere you feel like. It features a curvy frame made of steel to give it extra durability and ensure that it can support your weight.
It is designed with the Sure Foot Technology which ensures that you can start and stop the bike easily. In addition, it is fitted with coaster brakes for a hands-free stop. Anyone looking to buy a cruiser bike would be interested in how comfortable it is to ride. Well, the Pure City is designed to deliver exactly that. Thanks to its 26-inch tires and sprung saddle, you will feel like you are gliding on the clouds. The bike also comes with two gearing options. You can choose between the 7-speed or the single speed option to suit the perfect ride for you. Its seat and swept-back handlebars are designed to keep you in an upright position while riding. This is good for your back.
- Stable starts and stops.
- Offers smooth rides.
- It is also fitted with front and rear handbrakes.
- Available in beautiful and bright colors.
- Its design is eye-catching.
- Comfortable and easy to ride.
- Steel frame makes it very durable.
- Available only in one size.
- Does not have accessories like mesh baskets and cup holders.
Types of Cruiser Bikes
There are three types of cruiser bikes; Lowrider cruiser bike, chopper cruiser bike and beach cruiser bike.
1. Lowrider Cruiser Bike
These are cruiser bikes in which a lot of emphasis are put on their design and style. They are usually very flashy and showy. Just like their names suggest, when you ride them, you have to be in a low riding position. As a result, you will sit in a more relaxed and reclined position. They are just meant to be ridden for leisure.
2. Beach Cruiser Bike
They are the most popular types of cruiser bikes. They feature simple frame design that are usually made of either steel or aluminum. As a result, they are usually lighter and do not weigh more than 50 pounds. They are designed with the comfort of the rider in mind. They come fitted with 26-inch balloon style tires for stability and cushioning against small bumps.
Their handlebars are tall and curved to make it easy for you to maneuver the bike without having to bend forward. As a result, riders are able to maintain their straight riding positions throughout their ride. They also come with fenders to keep riders clean by keeping away water, mud or dirt from making clothes dirty while riding.
3. Chopper Cruiser Bike
Their designs are inspired by the chopper type motorcycles. They share some features with the lowrider cruiser bikes; features like the low riding positions. However, they also possess distinct features like long handlebars that are high mounted ape type. Their front ends also extend far in front of their handlebars. Another distinct feature is that their front and back wheels are usually different from each other in terms of size.
Features to Look for in a Beach Cruiser Bike
This is the most essential feature that you need to look at when you are buying a beach cruiser bike. When it comes to cruiser bikes, they usually have different frames. The size of the frame determines the suitable height that the rider should have. Other size parameters to look at is the wheel diameter. Beach cruiser bikes usually have 24 or 26 inch wheels. If you are 6ft2’ or more, then a 26-inch wheel would be better. If you are shorter, then a 24-inch wheel would do.
Beach cruiser bikes usually have different gears. However, most bikes have the 21-speed gears, 7-speed gears, 3-speed gears and the single-speed gears. All these types of gears are suited for different types of riding experience. If you want to cruise along the beach or on any flat terrain, then a single-speed gear is what you should use. To travel through difficult journeys, you will need to increase the speed gears. For example, the 21-speed gear is for climbing steep hills. As a result, if you want a beach cruiser bike that can handle anything, then you need to go for one with many gears.
Before anyone makes any purchasing decision, personal style must always come to play. Your taste and style should determine what beach cruiser bike you buy. You should explore the different style and color options so that you only buy a bike that will suit you.
4. Frame Material
The type of metal used to make the frame of your beach cruiser bike should be of utmost importance to you. Bikes with steel frames are very strong. However, they require more maintenance such as protection from corrosion and peeling of paint. If you don’t also shield the frame from excess heat, it may start showing signs of aging with time.
Steel frames also heavier than aluminum hence quite heavy to carry. If you want a portable bike that is easier to move around, then an aluminum-frame bike is the best option.
The design of the seat plays a very important role on how comfortable your riding experience will be. You should ensure that the cruiser bike you want to buy has a wide seat that is fitted with sufficient springs for maximum shock absorption. The seat should also have enough cushioning.
It’s an added advantage to buy a cruiser bike with pre-installed fenders. This will not only ensure that you stay clean while riding, but will also save you from spending money on installing a fender after you make your purchase.
How can you determine that the cruiser bike you want to buy is of the right quality? There are some indicators that you can use. One of them is the price. Although you can get a good bike on a budget, you should expect that the best beach cruiser bikes in the market will not be the cheapest. Therefore, the higher the price, the greater its quality is going to be.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is Having a Beach Cruiser Bike Important?
If you want the perfect way to maneuver through the streets, then a beach cruiser bike is what you need. It can also be important when you want to run small errands within your neighborhood and don’t want to go in your car. You can also arrive at the beach in style with your beach cruiser bike. You don’t have to be a pro to ride a cruiser bike since they are designed to be as easy and smooth to ride as possible.
Q: What Should I Do if My Bike Arrives Damaged
You must have come across some people who complain that their bikes arrived when some parts were broken when they ordered them. So suppose you find yourself in that situation, you might wonder what you should do. In case you order a beach cruiser bike and it arrives with one of its parts broken, the first thing you need to do is to reach out to the manufacturer immediately. You can just take a photo of the bike with a description of the issue you are encountering and send it to them. They should then get back to you and send you a replacement.
Q: How Much Assembly Does a Beach Cruiser Require?
When you order your beach cruiser bike, most of the time, it will arrive when it is 80% assembled. You will be required to do the rest of the assembly, which is usually very easy and should not take you more than 30 minutes. The good thing with assembling a beach cruiser bike is that every manufacture must always include a manual that will guide you on how to assemble your bike.
Q: How Fast can I Ride my Cruiser Bike?
You may ask yourself how fast your cruiser bike can go. An average beach cruiser can go for speeds between 3 to 15 miles per hour. How fast you can ride your bike will depend on how hard you pedal.
Q: How is a Beach Cruiser Bike Different from Other Bikes?
Cruiser bikes combine balloon tires and upright seating posture. They also have expressive styling as compared to normal bikes.
Q: Can I Use a Cruiser Bike for Commuting?
Cruiser bikes are designed to be fun to ride. They are comfortable to ride since the rider is always in an upright position. As a result, you can ride them for longer without feeling any back pain. You can therefore use your beach cruiser bike to commute. However, you can only commute between short distances.
In the 1950s, owning a beach cruiser bike was the thing. Every family owned one. However, as cars started to become more affordable, many people hung their bikes on the shelves. Good news is that they are now making a tremendous comeback, thanks to their extremely stylish design and the comfortable riding experience they offer that makes them very perfect for women.
Cruiser bikes come in handy when you need to run an errand or want to get things done a bit faster. They also good for beach trips. There are so many cruiser bikes brands in the market today, hence you need to ensure that you buy the best bike that will suit you. That is why we have reviewed for you the best cruiser bikes for women. You can pick any of the cruiser bikes that we have reviewed for you, depending on your preference, style or budget. However, when it comes to our pick, we would recommend the Sixthreezero EVRYjourney Women’s Hybrid Bicycle. This is because it can handle any kind of ride, thanks to its 4-speed gear system. Whether you want to ride to the beach or go for a long ride on a rough terrain, the Sixthreezero EVRYjourney will handle it. It is also very light since its frame is made of aluminum.