Choosing the best golf shoes can be an exhausting task if you don’t know what to look out for. But once you know the exact qualities that golf shoes must have, you will have an easy time sourcing the best pair of golf shoes from the market. Invest in the best pair so you can heighten your performance while you’re battling it out with other golf players in a golf course. The good news is you can find the best golf shoes at a price that will not break your wallet. The only effort that you should make is to identify the best pair and pay for them so you can have an edge over your competitors in a golf match play.
- 1 How Should You Choose the Best Golf Shoes?
- 2 What Are Some of the Best Golf Shoes On the 2020 Market?
- 2.1 1. Under Armour Men’s Spieth 2 E Golf Shoes
- 2.2 2. Adidas Men’s Tech Response Golf Shoes
- 2.3 3. Callaway Men’s Balboa Vent Golf Shoe
- 2.4 4. Skechers Women’s Go Golf Birdie Golf Shoes
- 2.5 5. Adidas Women’s W Climacool Knit Golf Shoe
- 2.6 6. Puma Men’s Ignite Pwrsport Golf Shoes
- 2.7 7. Adidas Golf Men’s Tour360 Boost-M
- 2.8 8. ECCO Men’s Biom Hybrid 2 Hydromax Golf Shoes
- 2.9 9. New Balance Men’s Nbg2004 Waterproof Spiked Golf Shoes
- 2.10 10. FootJoy Men’s Pro/Sl-Previous Season Style Golf Shoes
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
How Should You Choose the Best Golf Shoes?
When it comes to finding the best golf shoes, you will have to consider a few must-have features for golf shoes. So, what features are a must-have for the best golf shoes?
1. High-quality golf shoes materials
When looking to buy the best golf shoes, you have to be keen on the materials that feature on the shoes. Some of the high-quality materials that should feature on the best pair are premium-quality leather and synthetic materials such as thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) materials. Full-grain leather makes a great upper unit material due to its high-quality comfort, and rubber makes a great outsole platform.
Another upper material that could feature on the upper unit of your golf shoes is a highly engineered and stretchable textile knitted mesh. When buying golf shoes make sure the upper unit features treatment that makes it waterproof. This will guarantee feet dryness throughout the plating session.
2. The flexibility of the golf shoes
Buying flexible golf shoes is beneficial. The flexibility of the golf shoes will help your feet to flex and move naturally with zero restriction. You want a pair of golf shoes that let you adjust yourself or body position with ease. A pair of golf shoes with torsional tunnel provides excellent flexibility.
You can also choose golf shoes whose forefoot sections are flexible. The midfoot section should be rigid for better stability. You should always make sure that your golf shoes are flexible for easy feet’s movements.
3. Support and stability of the golf shoes
As a golfer, you need both support and stability for heightened performance. But how do you get both of these crucial functionalities from a pair of golf shoes? First, check the upper unit of the golf shoes and make sure that the midfoot sections are tough. Tougher midfoot sections of the upper unit provide sufficient lateral support. Once you have sufficient lateral support, you will automatically be stable. For proper support and stability, choose golf shoes that feature a lace-up closure design that will properly lock down your feet around the midfoot areas. Also, choose golf shoes that have a heel strap for excellent heel lock-down. When your midfoot and heel sections securely sit inside golf shoes, you will have unmatched lateral support and stability.
4. The traction level of the golf shoes
Anti-slip golf shoes also improve your performance. When it comes to traction, golf shoes feature spikes (cleats) or lugs on their outsole units. The choice for the traction-providing features solely depend on the nature of the golf course surface.
If you’ll be playing golf on a wet or sloppy golf course, you should choose golf shoes with spikes or cleats on their outsole units. Spikes provide better traction on such grounds. Make sure that the cleats are TPU-made, and not metal-made. But if you’ll be playing golf on a flat and dry golf course, you should choose golf shoes with spikeless outsole construction. Besides, spikeless shoes offer more comfort and stability.
5. The golf shoes’ size
You will also have to choose a pair of golf shoes that fit you perfectly well if you want to have the best golf shoes. The right-sized golf shoes fit snugly around the heel area but leave some wiggle room in the toe box area. Also, choose golf shoes with sufficient toe ox for zero pressure toe splay. Since your feet may swell and become large during late afternoons, you should try on some shoes at that time so you can find your perfect shoe size. Also, choose golf shoes with traditional lace-up closure just so you can adjust the fit as needs dictate.
What Are Some of the Best Golf Shoes On the 2020 Market?
If you’re looking for high-quality golf shoes, you can consider a pair of Under Armour UA Spieth 2 E golf shoes. This shoe brand features E sizing which accommodates the wide foot size of some athletes or golfers. The upper unit of this pair of shoes features smart-woven TPU fibers for a breathable and lightweight upper unit design.
A high-quality leather- Clarino microfiber leather- also features on the shoes’ upper units. This leather and the smart-woven TPU fibers feature the brand’s special 100% GORE-TEX waterproof treatment to keep your feet dry in wet environments. The upper units are breathable for a comfortable in-shoe environment. Besides, these shoes’ uppers have integrated lacing system to help you adjust the fit to the level you deem comfortable.
When you look at the insides of these shoes, you will find sufficient paddings on heel and ankle collars. The removable footbeds, which feature Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) cushioning materials, deliver premium underfoot comfort and protection. EVA cushioning also exists in the midsole units of these shoes for additional comfort and protection against shocks. The outsole units are robust and feature high-quality TPU material. The outsole units of these shoes don’t leave anything to chance with their UA Rotational Resistance (RST) Spikes that provide excellent traction on all surfaces. These shoes also provide sufficient responsiveness due to their EVA cushioning materials in the footbed and midsole units. Besides, these shoes only weigh 14.4 oz. per shoe.
- Their E sizing construction accommodates wide feet.
- Their upper units are lightweight and breathable.
- Their Clarino microfiber leather and TPU materials are of high-quality.
- The EVA cushioning provide premium underfoot protection.
- The integrated lacing system helps to customize the fit.
- The GORE-TEX upper units construction make these shoes waterproof.
- The UA Rotational Resistance (RST) Spikes make these shoes anti-slip.
- They come in limited color options.
- Some shoe sizes are a bit pricey.
You can also consider buying Adidas Men’s Tech Response golf shoes for your next big game. These shoes pack all the features that will give you an edge over your competitors. First, high-quality microfiber leather and lightweight breathable mesh comprise the upper units of these golf shoes.
These upper materials permit air circulation into your shoe chambers for fresh and dry feet. Also, the upper units feature lace-up closure design that lets you customize the fit to the level you prefer. The heel and ankle collars have generous padding to make your feet as comfortable as possible.
The insoles also provide premium-level comfort which provides support in return, thanks to theircloudfoam EVA cushioning. The insoles protect your underfoot from all kinds of external hazards such as shocks. You can play your golf without having underfoot safety concerns.
The midsole units of these shoes also provide additional underfoot protection. As such, these shoes provide excellent support to their wearers. The outsole units, which feature the high-quality adiwear material, also protect your feet from external elements such as sharp objects like stones. The adiwear material is a special, extremely durable and non-marking rubber. What makes the outsole units more special is their thintech technology. This technology gives them a low-profile design that brings you closer to the ground for amazing stability. The stability gives you great balance and footwork, all the features that aid you in your golf matches! The outsole units are slip-resistant due to their thintech EXP Cleats. The cleats have secondary Traxion lugs for improved traction.
- The lace-up closure design help you adjust the fit.
- The upper unit is breathable for fresh and dry feet.
- The cloudfoam EVA Sockliner provides protection and support
- The adiwear outsole material is extremely durable.
- The thintech EXP Cleats with secondary Traxion lugs offer extraordinary traction.
- The outsoles feature a low-profile design, thanks to their thintech technology.
- The outsole units are abrasion-resistant as well.
- These shoes come in limited color options.
- The toe box area might not fit wide footed golfers.
- This shoe is not true to size.
These golf shoes feature a synthetic Opti-Ventmesh reinforced with 3D stability print in their upper units. Feet suffocation is something you will not experience if you opt for these golf shoes. The 3D stability print gives the upper mesh proper shape and stability. The upper mesh materials are of high-quality, which means that these shoes will see you through many golf matches.
When it comes to adjusting the fit to the level you prefer with ease, these golf shoes feature a lace-up closure design. The laces also ensure proper foot lock-down for more stability and support. Inside these shoes is Opti-Vent mesh liner that regulates the in-shoe temperature. The Opti-Vent mesh liner also wicks away moisture from the foot so you can have fresh and dry feet during the whole golf playing session. These shoes also feature a 5 mm EVA-made Opti-Vent sockliner for excellent underfoot cushioning.
The sockliners of these shoes provide all-day underfoot protection. For additional comfort and support, these shoes have a padded tongue and heel and ankle collars. With the high-quality Opti-soft polymer EVA midsoles, these golf shoes provide sufficient foot protection against shocks and other pain-inflicting elements. Unlike most golf shoes, these ones have spikeless Dura-rubber outsoles. The outsoles have multi-directional lugs that provide extraordinary traction towards any direction. You will get sufficient traction no matter how you step on the golf course.
- The 100% synthetic upper units are breathable and lightweight.
- The lace-up closure design offers proper foot lock-down.
- The tongue and the collars are sufficiently padded.
- The Opti-Vent mesh liner regulates in-shoe temperature.
- The 5mm EVA sockliner offers underfoot protection.
- The Opti-soft polymer EVA midsoles provide extra feet support.
- Dura-rubber outsoles have multi-directional lugs for excellent traction.
- Only white/black and black/grey color options are available.
- The toe box might be narrower for some wearers.
These golf shoes feature a fabric mesh in their upper units so you can have fresh and dry feet. Breathability is a key feature that you should always consider when shopping for golf shoes. You don’t want your feet to suffocate during crucial matches.
Besides being breathable, the upper units are also waterproof, which makes these shoes ideal for wearing in wet environments. The upper unit can, therefore, adopt the natural shape of your foot with zero irritation or pressuresince it’s mesh-made. Just like most shoes on the list, these golf shoes feature lace-up closure design for easy fit adjustability.
Their tongues and collars are padded for protection and support. If you opt for these shoes, your underfoot will be very comfortable, thanks to the insoles that feature the GOga Max technology. The midsole units also come in handy so you can have sufficient cushioning. The midsoles feature 5gen cushioning for additional comfort. Once you have the comfort that you need, you will have a heightened performance in golfing. The TPU-made outsoles also make these shoes more supportive and protective. The outsole units feature GOga Matrix technology which offer excellent outsole cushioning. The outsoles also feature Goimpulse lugs instead of spikes for convenience while playing golf in a golf course. With their well-designed lugs, these golf shoes provide excellent traction on all golf courses.
- The upper units are breathable and lightweight.
- The lace-up closure design provides great fit adjustability.
- GOga Max technology in insoles provides excellent underfoot cushioning.
- These shoes are waterproof.
- The TPU-made outsoles feature GOga Matrix cushioning.
- These shoes are waterproof. The tongues, heel and ankle collars are padded for lateral protection.
- The outsoles have Goimpulse lugs for extraordinary traction.
- These shoes aren’t true to size. You should choose a size larger than your normal casual shoe size.
- Their toe box doesn’t fit wide feet.
These golf shoes feature a textile knitted material in their upper unit. The upper unit is, therefore, breathable and flexible, accommodating the natural shape of your feet. Also, this upper unit material is lightweight, which means that these golf shoes are lightweight.
The upper units also feature a textile lining that improves the feel of the shoes. Besides, the textile lining wicks away any moisture from the shoe chambers for fresh and dry feet! Instead of a lace-up closure design, these golf shoes feature hook and loop straps that you can use to adjust the fit. Adjusting the fit using the straps is faster than lacing system, and this gives you faster shoe entry.
Besides, these shoes have a pull-tab on their heel section for hassle-free shoe entry. The hook and loop straps provide excellent lateral stability, which will give you an edge over your competitors in golf matches. These shoes feel comfortable to the underfoot, thanks to their Cloudfoam-cushioned sockliners which are soft and lightweight.
For additional comfort, these golf shoes have EVA-cushioned midsoles. The midsole platforms are wider for more stability. Besides being soft, the midsole platforms are lightweight and durable as well. High-quality rubber materials exist in the Spikeless Puremotion outsole units. The Adiwear rubber, the brand’s special outsole rubber, makes the outsole unit not only durable but also abrasion-resistant as well. Instead of spikes, the outsole units feature Swing Plane Traction construction for excellent anti-slip performance on all golf courses.
- The textile knitted upper unit is stretchable and breathable.
- The hook and loop straps are faster.
- The textile liner wicks away moisture for dry feet.
- These shoes feature lightweight cushioning materials.
- The Cloudfoam-cushioned sockliners offer underfoot comfort.
- EVA-made midsoles offer excellent cushioning.
- The Adiwear rubber is abrasion-resistant and provides excellent traction.
- These shoes use Spikeless Puremotion lugs for excellent traction.
- These shoes might exert a little pressure if you wear them with golf socks.
- They also don’t provide sufficient arch support.
- People who are looking for a wide variety of color options will be disappointed.
These golf shoes feature a one-piece, non-stretch performance mesh on their upper units. The upper mesh is waterproof and breathable. This can only mean that your feet will remain dry throughout your golf playing session. The upper mesh has premium leather accent which you can pull when putting on these shoes.
The lacing system of these shoes are very unique, and you probably won’t see them in a lot of shoes. The lacing system features a TPU frame and saddles which lets you adjust the fit to the level you deem appropriate without any pressure or discomfort.
The interior of the upper unit is lightly padded for comfort reasons. the lacing system works to give you proper feet lock-down and lateral stability. The sock collars of these golf shoes are flexible so you can wear or take off your golf shoes without any problems.
These shoes also have premium leather-made heel strap that gives you heel lock-down for grounded stability. The strap has a beautiful PUMA logo engraved on it. the insoles are soft so you can have great underfoot comfort. The midsole units feature the brand’s special PU foam for excellent cushioning and responsiveness. The outsole unit of these shoes are synthetic-made and feature GripZone Traction. This traction design comprises 39 hexagons and 24 chevron lugs, all strategically placed for extraordinary traction on the golf course.
- The textile-made upper mesh is lightweight and breathable.
- The lacing system features a TPU frame and saddles.
- The sock collar provides easy shoe entry.
- The upper unit is waterproof.
- The premium leather accent acts as a pull-tab.
- These shoes have a heel strap for proper heel lock-down.
- The midsoles feature the brand’s special PU foam for excellent cushioning.
- The outsole unit features GripZone Traction for safety reasons.
- The TPU frame might damage if you extremely tighten the lacing system.
- These shoes don’t provide excellent ankle support.
The Adidas Tour360 Boost-M golf shoes feature premium full-grainleather on their upper unit. This upper material is high-quality and offers waterproof functionality for at least two years. However, the upper unit of these shoes isn’t as breathable as those of shoes with upper mesh. But the great news is that these shoes feature the lace-up closure design so you can customize the fit to your preferred level.
The upper unit of these shoes features the brand’s special 360WRAP design that gives you sufficient arch support. This wrap design goes all around the midfoot section to the torsional tunnel on the outsole unit. Besides providing the much-needed arch support, the 360WRAP design also provides lateral stability.
The heel, tongue and ankle collars have generous padding to protect the sides of your feet from external shocks. The sockliners are soft and will give you sufficient underfoot comfort for an all-day golf playing sessions. The midsole unit of these shoes features the Boost foam technology around the heel and the forefoot sections of the shoes. As such, the midsole unit provides excellent cushioning in those areas. The outsole unit of these shoes is rubber-made, which means they will last longer. The outsole is spiked for improved traction on golf courses without damaging the greens. The outsole unit also features 10 advanced dual-density Puremotion cleats and spikes for great amounts of stability and traction on all golf course surfaces.
- The premium full-grain leather upper is breathable.
- Climaproof technology makes these shoes waterproof.
- The shoes’ 360WRAP design provide arch support and lateral stability.
- The tongue is padded for zero irritation fit adjustability.
- The S-curve heels embrace your heels’ natural contours.
- The torsional tunnel makes these shoes flexible.
- The midsole’s Boost foam sufficiently cushions feet.
- The rubber-made outsole has well-engineered cleats that protect you from slips.
- These shoes take time to break-in.
- These shoes don’t fit wide footed wearers.
The upper unit of these golf shoes features special leather materials- the ECCO YAK leathers. The upper unit leather features HYDROMAX ECCO treatment that makes it waterproof. The result of this leather treatment is a dry foot throughout your golf playing session.
The upper unit features traditional lace-up closure design for fit adjustability. The tongue of these golf shoes has a loop that prevents it from sliding to the sides of the shoes. Besides, the tongue is lightly padded so you can adjust the fit with zero irritation.
The tongue and the toe box have vents that let air inflow into the shoe chambers. As such, you will have fresh and dry feet while playing golf. The eyelets of these shoes have metal reinforcement to guarantee longevity. Generally, the ECCO YAK leather on the upper unit is strong, durable, water-resistant, breathable and lightweight.
These golf shoes have a removable comfort-fiber insole. The insoles provide comfort to the underfoot. In case you have your orthotics, you can remove the insoles of these shoes and replace them with your orthotics inserts. The midsoles provide more comfort by sufficiently cushioning your feet against all shock hazards on the course.
When it comes to the outsole unit, you will find that they’re synthetic-made. This means you can be sure of top-quality durability and performance from these golf shoes. Since stability is a must-have feature for golf shoes, this pair features BIOM NATURAL MOTION technology in their outsole platform for close-to-the-ground stability. The TPU outsole also features E-DTS traction system for anti-slip performance. This traction system is spikeless. Instead, these shoes have over 100 TPU bars with 800 traction angles for multi-directional traction.
- High-quality and durable ECCO YAK leather upper unit.
- The HYDROMAX ECCO treatment makes these shoes water-resistant.
- The tongue has a loop to prevent sideways slips.
- The eyelets have meta reinforcements.
- The upper unit is breathable.
- The removable comfort-fiber insole offers underfoot cushioning.
- The midsole unit offers additional cushioning.
- The high-quality TPU outsole features anti-slip E-DTS traction system.
- The 100 bars offer multi-directional traction.
- The traction might be insufficient for fast swingers.
- Some wearers might complain about their quality.
These golf shoes feature soft, smooth microfiber leather on their upper unit. Also, the upper leather offers waterproof functionality for at least two years, meaning your feet will always be dry when you’re in a golf course.
The uppers feature the traditional flat lacing system. With their padded tongues, you can adjust the fit to your preferred level with zero irritation. The in-shoe upper lining is soft to make your feet as comfortable as possible. The in-shoe lining also wicks away moisture and sweat, leaving your feet fresh and dry.
When you turn these shoes over, you instantly meet their high-quality synthetic outsoles. The outsoles are flexible so your feet and flex and move naturally as you walk the golf course. What makes the outsole units more attractive and innovative is their 7-spike design. The Slim-Lockcleats that have secondary traction lugs provide massive traction on all golf course surfaces. You can swing with all your might without the possibility of slipping and falling.
The upper unit of these shoes features the FantomFit support, which gives you torsional support with a lightweight design. With these golf shoes weighing in at just 11.6 ounces, you will have less weight to deal with as you play golf. The insoles are soft, making your underfoot very comfortable throughout the playing session. The midsole units of these shoes feature the REVlite material, a soft cushioning material that excellently absorbs all the shocks. The midsole platform features a 10 mm heel-to-toe drop for excellent body balance during golf club swings. Aside from giving you premium-level cushioning, the REVlite material in the midsole platform also gives you energy return with each stride you make for easy walking.
- The microfiber leather on the upper unit is waterproof and lightweight.
- The upper unit is also breathable since there are air vents on the tongue.
- The lacings are flat for zero irritation fit adjustability.
- These shoes have soft and comfortable insoles.
- The REVlite midsoles offer cushioning and responsiveness.
- The outsole platform is flexible.
- High-quality TPU material comprises the outsole unit.
- The upper unit liner wicks away sweat and moisture for fresh and dry feet.
- The FantomFit construction design guarantees lightweight performance.
- The removable Slim-Lockcleats and the secondary lugs offer extraordinary traction.
- These shoes may fit snug and small for some wearers.
- These shoes have limited color options.
When you see FootJoy Pro SL golf shoes, just know they are one of the best golf shoes to buy in 2020 and for good reasons. right out of the box, you instantly meet these shoes’ upper unit. High-quality ChromoSkin leather makes up their upper unit. This upper leather from Pittards is lightweight, durable and waterproof.
The second thing you’ll probably notice is the beautifully-crafted lacing system. The laces are flat so you can adjust the fit with zero irritation. Besides, the tongue of these shoes are padded for top-of-the-foot support.
The sockliner of these shoes is soft for a comfortable underfoot experience. Just below the sockliner sits the lightweight cushioned fit-bed midsole. Its purpose is to give you magnificent underfoot cushioning against all types of shocks. These shoes have TPU-made outsole with a robust Tour Proven traction on all kinds of golf course terrains. As such, these golf shoes don’t feature spikes like other shoes do. Besides, the outsole unit features the brand’s special Proprietary Dual-Density FTF material for lightweight cushioning and stability.
- The upper ChromoSkin leather is breathable and waterproof.
- The lacing system is flat for zero irritation fit adjustability.
- The tongue is padded for comfort reasons.
- The tongue has a loop through which the laces go to prevent sideways slips.
- The insoles are wide for sufficient underfoot protection.
- The midsole unit offers a lightweight cushioning against shocks.
- The TPU outsole is durable and features Proprietary Dual-Density FTF cushioning material.
- The outsole unit provides excellent traction.
- Their price is expensive for first-time golf players.
- Their upper units breathe insufficiently.
- These shoes might be a bit uncomfortable for some wearers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are golf shoes a must-have footwear for golfers?
You don’t necessarily need golf shoes to play golf. But you certainly need a pair of the best golf shoes to maximize your playing potential. The best golf shoes have a number of advantages that will give you an edge over your competitors.
First, golf shoes have excellent traction of golf course so you can optimally swing the golf club without slipping and falling. Second, golf shoes are waterproof to protect your feet from the wet environment. Golf shoes also have midsole and outsole platforms that put you closer to the ground as possible for optimal foot stability and body balance!
2. Should I buy spikeless or spiked golf shoes?
It depends on the nature of the golf course surface you’re playing on. If you play golf on wet, boggy golf course surfaces, a pair of spiked golf shoes will be ideal for you. Spiked golf shoes offer more grip than spikeless golf shoes.
However, spikeless golf shoes offer more comfort than spiked golf shoes. The grip difference between these two golf shoe designs is very subtle and you probably won’t notice any difference.
3. Where can I get the best golf shoes from?
Finding the best pair of golf shoes hasn’t been easier with the advent of reputable and trustworthy e-commerce websites. You can place an order online and have your golf shoes delivered to your doorstep within a short time! Online shopping has saved a lot of shoppers who live far away from a golf shoes store. But if you have a golf shoes store nearby, you can as well walk right into it and find your best pair of golf shoes.
When you know the features to keep a keen eye on during shopping, you will have the best golf shoes on the market. You should invest in only the best golf shoes, and nothing less. From our list, you can find golf shoes that meet your playing needs and style. All the golf shoes on this list are great but only one can take the top spot. You can check out our clear winner, Adidas Men’s Tech Response golf shoes.
This pair of gold shoes have high-quality full-grain leather upper that’s breathable; Climaproof technology that makes it waterproof; 360WRAP design that makes them provide sufficient arch support and lateral stability. They also have a torsional tunnel that makes your feet to flex and move very naturally as you walk the 18 golf holes! Besides, they havea high-quality boost foam that sufficiently cushions the feet. What sets this pair from the crowd is the low-profile outsole design for unmatched stability. And when it comes to providing excellent traction, these golf shoes have 6-spike configuration. All these features make these golf shoes the best on the list.