As a runner, one of the most common injuries you can experience is Plantar Fasciitis. This foot problem is usually associated with pain at the bottom of the foot and in the heel. This pain can be exacerbated if you wear the wrong type of shoes for running. This is why you need the best running shoes for plantar fasciitis.
- 1 How You Can Choose the Best Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- 2 6 Best Men’s Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis 2018
- 2.1 1. Asics Men’s GEL-Kayano Running Shoes: Best Overall
- 2.2 Overview
- 2.3 Top Features
- 2.4 Pros
- 2.5 Cons
- 2.6 2. Saucony Men’s Kinvara Running Shoes: Budget Friendly
- 2.7 Overview
- 2.8 Top Features
- 2.9 Pros
- 2.10 Cons
- 2.11 3. Mizuno Men’s Wave Rider 19: Best for Running Long Distance
- 2.12 Overview
- 2.13 Top Features
- 2.14 Pros
- 2.15 Cons
- 2.16 4. New Balance Men’s 990v4: Best for Road Running
- 2.17 Overview
- 2.18 Top Features
- 2.19 Pros
- 2.20 Cons
- 2.21 5. The North Face Men’s Litewave Tr : Great for Road Runs
- 2.22 Overview
- 2.23 Top Features
- 2.24 Pros
- 2.25 Cons
- 2.26 6. Brooks Men’s Adrenaline Gts
- 2.27 Overview
- 2.28 Top Features
- 2.29 Pros
- 2.30 Cons
- 3 6 Best Women’s Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis 2018
- 3.1 1. Saucony Women’s Guide Running Shoes
- 3.2 Overview
- 3.3 Top Features
- 3.4 Pros
- 3.5 Cons
- 3.6 2. ASICS GT-2000 Women’s Running Shoes: Best Budget
- 3.7 Overview
- 3.8 Top Features
- 3.9 Pros
- 3.10 Cons
- 3.11 3. Brooks Women’s Addiction Running Shoes: Best for Road Running
- 3.12 Overview
- 3.13 Top Features
- 3.14 Pros
- 3.15 Cons
- 3.16 4. ASICS Women’s GEL Kayano Running Shoes
- 3.17 Overview
- 3.18 Top Features
- 3.19 Pros
- 3.20 Cons
- 3.21 5. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Bondi Running Shoes
- 3.22 Overview
- 3.23 Top Features
- 3.24 Pros
- 3.25 Cons
- 3.26 6. New Balance Women’s W1340 Optimal Control Running Shoe
- 3.27 Overview
- 3.28 Top Features
- 4 Conclusion
How You Can Choose the Best Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
If you are suffering from Plantar Fasciitis then you are aware that you must be a little choosy and careful when selecting the best running shoes to take home. This is because it will be difficult for you to ignore the pain associated with plantar fasciitis, no matter how hard you will try.
Without the right shoes, running will be difficult and painful. Even walking to the grocery shop will be a living hell for your feet. Therefore, here is everything you need to look for when shopping for the right running shoes for plantar fasciitis.
1. Maximum Arch Support
This is the most important element you should focus on when choosing the right running shoes for your plantar fasciitis condition. Without proper arch support, you will not get relief when you are running since your Plantar Fascia will continue stretching hence further aggravating your situation. How inexpensive the shoe is or what features it has will not be that important.
2. Shock Absorption
If you are suffering from Plantar Fasciitis, you will need a pair of shoes that will absorb all the shock on your foot. This is because the pain associated with Plantar Fasciitis is usually worsened when the shock is directed to the heel and sole of your feet while you are running.
A reliable running pair of shoes should be able to absorb all the shock on your feet that is generated whenever your feet strike the ground.
3. Top Brand Manufacturing
It’s always a good move to go for a well-known brand that has been around for a long time. By going for top brand shoes, you will benefit from the brand’s know-how and experience. This is because for a running shoe to become a top brand, its manufacturer’s must have invested heavily in terms of development and medical research.
4. Robust Heel Counters and Flexible Toe Box
The main goal of buying a plantar fasciitis running shoes is to help relieve the pain in your feet while running. A running pair of shoes with a robust heel counter and a flexible toe box will ensure that the shoes retains a rock solidity rigidity at the back of your foot while bending nicely at the front.
6 Best Men’s Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis 2018
1. Asics Men’s GEL-Kayano Running Shoes: Best Overall
If you are a runner who is suffering from plantar fasciitis, then you need a pair of running shoes that will offer you excellent comfort and support in the area around your heels. No other shoe brand does this well than the Asics GEL Men’s Kayano running shoes.
The shoes are designed to pamper the back of your foot since they feature Asic’s popular GEL cushioning. The shoes also absorb shock on the foot efficiently since they have durable rubber soles. The pair of shoe’s comfort, support, and superior stability make them the number one choice for high mileage runners and overpronating male runners.
The shoes also feature Flytefoam midsole technology that enables them to bounce back to their original shape after every stride. This means that your feet will have a superb adaptive cushioning while you run.
- Impact Guidance System Technology.
- Flytefoam Midsole Technology.
- Fluid Ride Midsole.
- Rubber sole.
- Heel Clutching System Technology.
- Multidirectional stretch mesh.
- It provides improved support by creating an improved heel fitting environment.
- Enhances the foot’s natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Creates a truly customized glove-like fit because of its multi-directional stretch mesh that makes the shoes to adapt to the foot.
- The Heel Clutching System technology offers excellent support in all areas of the foot including the rear of the foot.
- The soles are made of high-abrasion rubber material that makes them be more durable.
- Available in regular and wide sizes.
- You will pay a little more to get these shoes. However, they are worth the price.
2. Saucony Men’s Kinvara Running Shoes: Budget Friendly
The best shoes for runners with plantar fasciitis are usually expensive. However, there are some shoes that are reasonably priced than the others. One of such running shoes is the Saucony Men’s Kinvara running shoes. Although they cost less as compared to other shoes in this category, these shoes still have many of the features that the more expensive shoes have.
Their lightweight nature makes them the perfect choice for runners who like to log a lot of miles. They are also designed to offer you a supportive fit. What’s more, they are versatile which means that you can use them to run on the road, paved paths and even on the treadmill.
- Flex Film welded upper.
- HydraMax collar lining.
- Impact absorbing Power-Grid technology.
- XT-900 rubber outsole.
- High abrasion EVA lightweight midsole.
- Has a meticulously designed construction that makes it fit your foot perfectly.
- It centers the foot and absorbs impact.
- It is made from a flexible material that adapts to your feet.
- Its tri-lug design offers supreme traction action on all types of terrains.
- Light and suitable for running.
- The finish on the toes gets rubbed off after a while.
3. Mizuno Men’s Wave Rider 19: Best for Running Long Distance
When designing shoes for plantar fasciitis, comfort and support are vital design elements. We have decided that the best running pair of shoes for plantar fasciitis that is suitable for long distances is the Mizuno Wave Rider 19. One of the main reasons why we have picked this pair of shoes is because it takes comfort to extreme levels.
Its sole is made of foam to give runners a superb underfoot sensation. This can help to ease the heel pain. The shoe brand also features a nice range of colors so that your fellow runners will not miss noticing what you are wearing.
The shoes feature an upgraded premium sock liner to provide you with resiliency at every stride. It also has a refined toe-spring that will offer you a smooth and effortless toe-off.
- Upgraded premium sock liner.
- Refined toe-spring.
- New upper design.
- X-10 Technology that features the carbon rubber used to make its outsole.
- The shoe is very comfortable to wear since it has a really soft sock-like feel to it.
- Made of newly designed foam that is very light.
- Delivers better shock attenuation and durability.
- Is the perfect blend of performance and fit.
- Perfect for mid-to-high arched runners.
- Has a good breathability since its upper body is made of quality mesh materials.
- The ride could be a little softer.
4. New Balance Men’s 990v4: Best for Road Running
The New Balance Men’s M990v4 is one of the best running shoes for plantar fasciitis from the New Balance Company. The 990 series is known for its great performance and iconic style. It is a combination of stability and cushioning wrapped up in a nice looking pair of shoes.
The upper section of this pair of shoes is made of a lightweight pigskin leather mesh to give this product its inimitable look. It features ENCAP midsole technology that increases support and stability. The pair of shoe is designed to be perfectly comfortable to insulate your sole from the pavement.
In terms of durability, this is where the pair of shoe really earns its keep. This makes the pair of shoes to perform very well on all types of trails without getting worn out easily.
- Dual-density collar foam.
- Pigskin mesh upper.
- ENCAP midsole technology.
- Blown rubber outsole.
- Extremely comfortable.
- Very durable.
- Has great safety features for running at night.
- Provides excellent support.
- Provides good bounce and insulates the sole from the pavement.
- The shoe is versatile hence can also be used as a gym shoe.
- It’s a bit pricey for a running shoe.
- Can be bulky for you if you are not used to a bigger running shoe.
5. The North Face Men’s Litewave Tr : Great for Road Runs
The North Face Litewave is the best pair of shoes for you if you like doing road runs. Its design is geared towards making running to be comfortable for people with plantar fasciitis. It is also versatile and lightweight to help you run faster than ever. The pair of shoes features the UltraATAC rubber in its outsole.
This makes its outsole package to be strong and solid since the rubber UltraATAC rubber provides protection and traction on intense terrains. The midsoles are made of a full-length foam material that is designed to provide you with a top-notch underfoot experience. The foam also provides comfortable cushioning and shock absorption.
Its upper is made of a dual-mesh material that is openly constructed to offer more breathability and better air-flow. In terms of durability, the dual-mesh upper is so thickly woven to make it last longer without ripping or tearing. The pair of shoes is also made of foam that stretches throughout the entire length of the midsole.
This makes the pair of shoes to be very responsive. The upper of the pair of shoes also features TPU-welded overlays that offer excellent midfoot support. The welded overlays keep the foot secure by hugging it.
- Dual-mesh upper.
- UltrATAC rubber on the outsole.
- Multiple ventilation pores on the mesh.
- TPU-welded overlays.
- It is reasonably priced.
- The comfortable midsole include anti-microbial capabilities.
- The open construction on the dual-mesh offers breathability.
- Can last for hundreds of miles due to its excellent durability.
- Very responsive and flexible.
- Unsafe in wet or muddy conditions.
If you are looking for the best running shoes that will provide your feet with the perfect balance of stability as well as cushioning that you need when running, then Brooks Adrenaline GTS Men’s Running Shoes is the best choice.
This shoe brand features an upper construction that is made of air mesh and synthetic overlays. This allows maximum breathability and makes the pair of shoes to be very light so that you can run faster and for longer. The shoe brand also has a new lacing design that creates a more conformed and snug fit.
Brooks Men’s Adrenaline GTS Running Shoes also has a 3D Fit Print technology that adds additional flexibility. It’s lining also consists of additional nylon and spandex material that helps to absorb moisture.
When it comes to the sole, the shoe brand features its patented Midfoot and Heel Crash Pad, the Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) and the Omega Flex Grooves that facilitate smooth heel lay down and offer maximum cushion and comfort.
- High energizing cushioning.
- Structurally supportive synthetic upper materials.
- Customizable fit.
- Lace-up closure.
- Comfortable fabric lining offers.
- A newer lacing system.
- Has a great in-shoe feel.
- Has deeper V-groove improves transitions.
- Has a removable molded foam insole that offers light underfoot cushioning.
- The asymmetrical saddle at the midfoot position creates a customizable fit.
- It is less cushioned in the heels.
6 Best Women’s Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis 2018
This women’s running pair of shoes is the latest model from Saucony. It is a shoe brand that keeps on giving more and more solutions and comfort to people suffering from plantar fasciitis. Saucony Women’s Guide Running Shoes is lighter than ever and is completely redone. The shoe brand offers great stability and cushioning while still being lightweight.
Saucony Women’s Guide Running Shoes feature an outsole that uses Injection Blown Rubber technology. This sole offers an enhanced overall durability and a more dynamic ride. This means that the sole can withstand harsher terrain.
Their midsole have been enhanced through the Saucony’s EVERUN technology. This creates an extra layer of padding to create a more comfortable and softer shoe. The upper construction of the shoe features synthetic leather, welded urethane, and mesh.
The mesh makes the pair of shoes to be breathable. The RUNDRY Collar lining material gives the shoe brand the required moisture wicking properties.
- Remove insole.
- Evenly distributed cushioning.
- Strong, lightweight material melded to the upper.
- Designed with a generous amount of plush cushioning.
- Performs well on a variety of running surfaces.
- Durable and sturdy.
- Reasonably priced for a shoe of its class.
- Incredibly breathable and flexible.
- New sole uni tech that facilitates incredibly smooth ride.
- Longer than necessary shoelaces.
- Its enhanced flexibility is still not flexible enough.
2. ASICS GT-2000 Women’s Running Shoes: Best Budget
The ASICS Women’s GT-2000 Running Shoe is a good choice for you if you are looking for the right running shoes for plantar fasciitis. This shoe brand will offer you with a comfortable and stable feel throughout your run.
The pair of shoes features an impact guidance system that will enhance your natural gait. This will provide you with stability and performance as you run in them. The Guidance Line vertical flex groove improves the efficiency of the shoes by cushioning your heels as it strikes the ground.
Its lightweight midsole system also offers stability. The GT-2000 also features a Guidance Trusstic System that reduces the weight of the sole while still maintaining the structural integrity of the shoes. The shoe brand is also made of Solyte midsole material to help keep your foot stable and comfortable throughout your run.
- PHF memory foam.
- Rubber sole.
- ComforDry sockliner.
- AHAR+ DuraSponge outsole.
- Heel and Forefoot GEL cushioning.
- The IGS will enhance your natural gait.
- The sock liner cushions the feet and helps to reduce odor.
- It features a personal heel fit for a custom fit.
- It is endorsed by podiatrists and runners.
- The weight works against the springboard like midsole.
3. Brooks Women’s Addiction Running Shoes: Best for Road Running
The Brooks Women’s Addiction Running Shoes is a pair of shoes that is made for women with plantar fasciitis. It is part of a trusted running shoe series that are designed to deliver motion control features efficiently to consumers.
It features a set of synthetic overlays and updated upper strives to provide comfort, especially in the forefoot area. It features the Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar in its midsole. This helps to deliver an increased amount of support. The pair of shoes also offers more flexibility when moving as a result of its flex grooves on the outsole.
Its HPR Plus outsole is developed using a rubber material that is thick and is highly resistant to abrasion. This helps the shoe brand to deliver an optimal level of durability. This facilitates long-lasting wear and provides traction for grip and steady pace.
The midsole of this shoe brand feature the Brooks DNA technology to offer a consistent and long-lasting cushioning to give you the best running experience.
- Heel-segmented crash pad.
- Breathable and moisture-managing mesh upper endeavors.
- Tough-constructed synthetic overlays.
- Suitable for road running.
- Its DNA adaptable cushioning will offer you with the support that you need as a runner.
- The crash pad is great for runners who tend to land on their heels.
- It’s comfortable to wear since it has a wide toe box that will give your toe a lot of wiggle room.
- The support feature throughout the shoe offers a comfortable transition from heel to toe.
- Its outsole is made of dense rubber that makes it suitable for road running.
- The synthetic upper gives the shoe a lot of structure and protection when you need it the most.
- Is a relatively expensive running shoe.
This is another solid and high quality running shoe for plantar fasciitis from ASICS. It is designed to give you an excellent support and comfort that you need while running. This pair of shoes comes with an enhanced cushioning.
Its upper midsole and foam lasting have been made softer than the other versions. The shoe brand also features a deeper guidance line in order to deliver a soft under heel cushioning.
The upper construction of the ASICS Women’s GEL Kayano Running Shoes is made of enhanced mesh that has no synthetic overlays. Running with the shoe at night has also been made safer since the shoes have more reflectivity than their previous versions.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system.
- Convergence of
- Discrete heel unit.
- Guidance Trusstic System.
- Gender Specific Forefoot cushioning.
- The Asics High Abrasion Rubber provides exceptional durability.
- The shoe provides added flexibility and cushioning.
- The rear foot crash pad reduces the rate of pronation.
- Delivers smoother heel to toe transition.
- The rearfoot and forefoot gel cushioning system will give you more responsive ride.
- The redesigned mesh on its upper delivers durable breathability and is lightweight.
- The inner fabric used in the heel area can wear off after continued use.
As a woman, you need maximum comfort even while running. As a result, you have to choose a running shoe brand with maximum cushioning. Hoka One One Women’s Bondi Running Shoes is, therefore, the obvious choice for you.
It comes with a new and enhanced upper. Hoka One One Women’s Bondi Running Shoes also features a stretchable property that makes the pair of shoes to provide maximum comfort and a sock-like fit. Its new TPU External Heel Counter will provide you with a secure heel fit. You will also have added stability and support to your rear foot.
Its enhanced outsole and updated tongue compliment well to enable you to experience a smoother transition. The outsole also offers increased durability and ground contact.
- Standard sizing.
- Hi-Abrasion Rubber sole.
- Full-length soft EVA foam midsole.
- Highly stretchable Lycra ComfortFrame.
- The air mesh on the upper unit makes the shoes breathable.
- The shoe is stretchable and agreeable to the skin due to the Lycra ComfortFrame.
- The TPU External Heel Counter prevents accidental shoe removal by keeping the shoe in place.
- Delivers comfort and snug security because it has a padded tongue.
- Early Stage Meta-Rocker design provides better performance and propulsive movement.
- Its 3D Puff print frame makes it be lightweight.
- The outsole unit can wear off after a long use.
The New Balance W1340 is one of the premier training shoes for women with plantar fasciitis. It comes engineered with its Stabilicore medical support system that helps to provide a smooth transition from heel strike to toe-off. It also features the TBeam shank that gives this pair of shoes the torsional stability.
What’s more, it also has a completely revamped outsole to improve its traction. New Balance 1340 features a diamond-shaped configuration that extends all the way to the shoe’s crash pad. The overlays are also strategically placed to provide support on the upper section of the shoe brand.
- T-beam TPU shank.
- Stabilicore medical support system.
- Rubber sole.
- ACTEVA lite lightweight midsole.
- Most runners like its new look.
- Its multi-density polyurethane insert offers support, comfort and
- Its blown rubber outsole offers an impressive grip.
- The sole is very durable because it is made with a durable rubber compound.
- Its extended web technology provides additional midfoot support.
- Average price.
- It is heavy weight as compared to other running shoes.
There you have it on the best running shoes for plantar fasciitis. You can choose your best shoes from the products that we have reviewed depending on your preference and what you can afford.
When it comes to our pick of the best running shoes for plantar fasciitis, for men, we recommend Asics Men’s GEL-Kayano Running Shoes. This is because of its multidirectional stretch mess that creates a truly customized glove-like fit.
For women, we recommend the ASICS Women’s GEL Kayano Running Shoes because of its Rearfoot gel cushioning system that will give you a more responsive ride. Have you ever used any of the above shoe brands before? If yes, which one have you used before?