When it comes to snowboard sports, you will have to keep every part of your body warm, including your hands for improved performance. This means that you will have to wear the best snowboard gloves. You can always buy snowboarding gloves from the market and perform excellently. But sometimes, buying the best gloves might be exhausting since there is a wide plethora of snowboard gloves on the market. We’ve brought to you some incredible options worth looking into. You don’t have to frustrate yourself trying to buy the best gloves.
- 1 How Should You Buy the Best Snowboard Gloves?
- 2 10 Best Snowboard Gloves 2019 – 2020
- 2.1 1. LANYI Men and women’s snowboard Gloves – Best for Offering Top Notch Flexibility
- 2.2 2. Velazzio Ski Snowboard Gloves – Best for All Time Protection from the Cold
- 2.3 3. Aisprts Ski Snowboard Gloves Men and Women – Ideal for Male and Female Users
- 2.4 4. FREETOO Men’s Ski Snowboard Gloves – Best for Male Snowboarders
- 2.5 5. Tough Outdoors Winter Ski & Snowboard Gloves – Best for Outdoor Snowboarding
- 2.6 6. AMH Ski & Snowboard Men & Women Gloves – For Multiple Snowboarding Areas
- 2.7 7. Simplicity Ski and Snowboard Glove – Best for Snowboarding Learners
- 2.8 8. Anqier Winter Gloves – Best for Men and Women with Multiple Needs
- 2.9 9. AKASO Ski and Snowboard Gloves – Best for Serious Snowboarders
- 2.10 10. Yobenki -40 °F Ski and Snowboard Gloves – Best for Extremely Cold Regions
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
How Should You Buy the Best Snowboard Gloves?
For you to source for the best snowboard gloves from the market, you will have to consider the following features or factors:
1. The quality of their materials
When it comes to choosing the best snowboard gloves, you will need to consider the materials of use in their construction. Materials that a pair of gloves feature will affect such aspects as dexterity, durability, performance as far as protection from cold and grip are concerned.
You should, therefore, always choose a pair of gloves with the highest material quality. When looking to buy some snowboard gloves, you can choose those that feature water-resistant shells and 3M Thinsulate and premium cotton insulation materials. They will protect your hands from water and cold excellently. Make sure that they wick away moisture and sweat so your hands can maintain they “dry” comfort.
2. The insulation they provide
Insulation plays a big role in keeping your hands warm while snowboarding. You should make sure that the pair of gloves that you have opted for has high-quality insulation materials. Normally, insulation is rated in grams.
You will, therefore, have to consider the rating if you want to have the best pair of gloves for a snowboard. One example of high-quality insulation material is the 3M Thinsulate. If the grams are high, it means there is more of this material. This also means that the gloves with higher grams of 3M Thinsulate insulate your hands better.
3. The comfort of the gloves
Besides providing warmth and water resistibility, snowboard gloves should also give you great comfort. Specifically, the interior lining is responsible for the comfort of the gloves. A high-quality interior lining will give you excellent comfort.
When shopping for some snowboard gloves, you can choose those with fleece lining or cotton material lining. They are smooth on the skin, giving you some relaxing comfort. Besides, fleece linings are excellent at wicking away moisture and sweat to add more “dry” comfort.
4. The level of your activity
Before buying a pair of snowboard gloves, you will have to assess your activity level. How often do you snowboard? Or how intense do you participate in a snowboarding activity? If you usually participate in intense snowboarding, you might want to buy thinner gloves. Thick gloves will not wick away your sweat efficiently due to profuse sweating but instead, feel soggy and uncomfortable.
If you snowboard once in a while, you will not have to look for highly durable gloves even though that’s the appropriate thing to do. But if you are a professional snowboarder, you will have to invest your hard-earned cash in high-quality and durable gloves!
5. The dexterity
When talking about dexterity, you should be thinking in terms of doing other tasks such as using your touch screens without taking off the gloves. Dexterity is another factor that you should not overlook. If you normally have to answer a few calls before sliding down a slope of snow, you might want to buy a pair of gloves with high or superior dexterity.
6. The interior liner of the gloves
There are some snowboard gloves with removable liners. Others have irremovable ones. When buying a pair of such gloves, you might want to consider the interior liners. Removable liners come in handy when you want to clean your gloves. They are easy to clean since you can separate them from the external shell and wash them separately. Also, you can take off the shell and perform a task such as receiving a call while wearing them. As such, you can also take the interior linings into consideration before deciding to buy a pair of snowboard gloves.
10 Best Snowboard Gloves 2019 – 2020
1. LANYI Men and women’s snowboard Gloves – Best for Offering Top Notch Flexibility
If you’re a snowboarder or ski fan, then you know how cold your hands might get without proper snowboard gloves. You can check out these snowboard gloves by LANYI and gain an edge over your competitors.
Only high-quality materials go into making the gloves, which means your hands will be in excellent shape during winter sports. With 40 grams of 3M Thinsulate and 140 grams of warm cotton materials that insulate the gloves, you will have the right amount of warm.
You will then have a heightened performance! These materials insulate your hands perfectly so you don’t lose heat from your hands and feel cold. These are amazing gloves which can keep your hands sufficiently warm even when it’s -30°F outside. As such, they are best for men or women snowboarders who are in freezing cold temperatures.
Besides keeping your hands warm, they also keep them dry. That’s possible because of a highly waterproof TPU membrane that covers the linings of the gloves. Their palms offer excellent grip due to the anti-slip PU leather in those palm areas. There are adjustable wrist straps with buckles and drawstrings to secure them so the cold doesn’t get to your hands. Also, their fingers have reinforcements that don’t compromise their flexibility. The result is a perfect grip of the snowboard or ski.
- They have a nose wipe thumb fabric.
- They are ideal for both men and women.
- They come in S, M, L or XL sizes.
- They offer a multifunctional and durable design.
- The gloves look elegant.
- Their wrists are shirred and elastic to keep the cold out.
- They have adjustable wrist straps and drawstrings to secure the fit.
- They are breathable.
- The elastic shirred wrist might become loose with time.
2. Velazzio Ski Snowboard Gloves – Best for All Time Protection from the Cold
You can also consider wearing a pair of Velazzio Ski snowboard gloves if you usually participate in winter sports such as snowboarding or skiing. They are waterproof and breathable to keep your hands very comfortable.
Also, they are warm and light. To keep your hands warm, they have a powerful 3M Thinsulate insulation padding. This material efficiently traps your body heat so it doesn’t escape to leave your hands cold.
The material is also breathable and wicks away moisture and sweat. This works to keep your hands dry for optimal performance. The gloves also have a Fan-tex membrane that’s equally as breathable as 3M Thinsulate insulation padding.
Its purpose is to also keep your hands dry by keeping sweat out. As such, these gloves provide a “dry” comfort! The gloves also offer excellent non-slip grips, thanks to their PU palms with rubberized dots.
They also have adjustable buckle wrist straps and drawstrings to secure your hands from cold or water. Also, you can use them to adjust the fit. Another feature that makes the gloves ideal for snowboarding is their water-resistant zipper pockets which act as ample storage for car keys, small cash or government-issued ID. You don’t have to rush down a slope worrying about where to keep your small personal items. These gloves are, therefore, best for snowboarders who have insufficient storage for their small personal items.
- They are available in sizes ranging from S to XL.
- They have an ergonomic fit.
- They are breathable.
- They have waterproof zipper pockets for your items.
- They keep your hands warm and dry at the same time.
- They are not ideal for extreme colds.
- They have a limited warranty period.
3. Aisprts Ski Snowboard Gloves Men and Women – Ideal for Male and Female Users
These snowboard gloves can keep your hands warm even when it’s -22°F TO -4°F outside. They are not only warm but durable as well. To keep your hands warm, they have to be waterproof first. Thanks to their TPU waterproof insert bags, they can 100% keep moisture out!
Besides, their shells are coated with a waterproof fabric. This means that the gloves have dual waterproof materials to efficiently keep your hands dry. The insert bags also trap your hands’ heat and prevent its escape. You will then end up with warm hands while snowboarding.
You can also grab items with unmatched grip if you have worn these gloves, thanks to their full-length anti-slip PU leather palms. The fingers have been reinforced to improve the strength of the grip further. Holding your snowboard with the gloves is, therefore, efficient and anti-slip.
Securing the fit is also hassle-free. They have adjustable buckle straps on the wrist, and drawstrings to help you secure the fit. These straps and strings also keep cold air and moisture out. Both men and women can wear them. You only need to check the size chart and choose an ideal size. They are great and feature a beautiful color pattern finish. The gloves are excellent, stylish and affordable, and these make them best for snowboarders looking for aesthetics or beauty in snowboard gloves.
- They keep hands warm up to temperature range of -22°F TO -4°F.
- The drawstrings and adjustable buckle wrist straps secure your hands.
- They come in a variety of color options.
- They are breathable and waterproof.
- They are durable.
- The PU leather palm and fingers offer excellent reinforced grips.
- Their size might be smaller than the standard size.
4. FREETOO Men’s Ski Snowboard Gloves – Best for Male Snowboarders
These snowboard gloves by FREETOO are ideal for men who love winter sports such as skiing and snowboarding. They have all the features that your hands need to stay in better shape. First, they are waterproof to keep your hands dry and comfortable.
Their outer shell comprises highly durable and water-resistant high-density polyester fabric. Inside them, there are 340 grams of soft cotton insulation that keeps your hands warm during winter.
Their fingers are flexible to make grabbing things a lot easier. And to make sure you have an anti-slip grip on a snowboard, their palms and fingers feature high-quality PU leather. Not only is the leather slip-resistant but durable and abrasion-resistant as well.
The gloves also wick moisture and sweat away, thanks to their TPU-made waterproof membrane that’s inside them. This membrane keeps external water at bay since it’s waterproof. Together with the outer shell, they help keep your hands dry. As such, the gloves are best for snowboarders who sweat a lot or skate in rain. The gloves have elastic shirred wrists to keep cold and moisture away from the hands. Also, they have adjustable buckle-lock straps and drawstrings to secure the fit and keep cold and water at bay. The gloves are durable due to a special stitching method (the reverse needle return technology).
- They are breathable due to the TPU-made waterproof membrane interlayer.
- They are durable.
- The fingers and palm have non-slip PU leather.
- The fingers are reinforced and flexible for strong grips.
- The 340 grams of soft cotton offers excellent insulation
- The outer polyester shell is waterproof. They have adjustable wrist straps and drawstrings.
- The gloves are affordable.
- They are a bit bulky.
5. Tough Outdoors Winter Ski & Snowboard Gloves – Best for Outdoor Snowboarding
You can also take full advantage of these snowboard gloves. They are waterproof and warm enough to give your hands the comfort they so rightfully deserve. Their outer shell is waterproof and nylon fabric-made.
Inside the gloves are soft cotton insulation, a perfect material for keeping your hands warm. The gloves have a soft interior lining to give you great comfort. Besides, the palm and the fingers feature a synthetic leather that helps you grab items with excellent grip.
The synthetic leather is reinforced to strengthen your grip on the snowboard and other items. And just as you would expect, the gloves have shirred wrists to keep cold, snow or water out. That’s not all. They also have adjustable buckle lock straps on the wrist, and drawstrings, all of which adjust the fit and keep cold, moisture and snow out. If you need snowboard gloves that help you grab items with excellent grips, then these gloves are best for the job.
- They have excellent thermal insulation.
- They are waterproof because of the nylon shell.
- The shirred wrists keep cold and water out.
- They have adjustable wrist straps and drawstrings to customize the fit.
- They have wrist loops for security.
- They lock together while in storage.
- Not ideal for extremely cold temperatures.
6. AMH Ski & Snowboard Men & Women Gloves – For Multiple Snowboarding Areas
AMH snowboarding gloves not only have elegant looks but also perform best to give you sufficient warmth. They are water and windproof. That quality makes them ideal for snowboarding and skiing. Their exterior shell comprises the waterproof high-density nylon fabric.
Also, there is a TPU membrane interlayer to make them more wind and water-resistant. Once you have your gloves on, water and wind will not even feature on the list of your worries! Also, they keep your hands sufficiently warm because of their 40 grams 3M Thinsulate and premium-quality cotton materials.
These insulation materials excellently trap heat thus eliminating chances of feeling cold. Their interiors have soft fabric lining that feels comfortable on the skin. When it comes to their exterior, they have fingers that are sensitive to touchscreens. You can answer a call or operate your smart device without taking off your gloves! Also, the exterior has soft fabric for wiping goggles and nose. No need to have snow blocking your magnificent view. With the kind of insulation that they have, the gloves can keep you warm even when it’s -20°F to 50°F cold outside. These gloves are best for nose and goggle wiping, kepping small items such as car keys and grabbing items excellently.
- Their wrists are shirred to keep snow, cold and moisture out.
- The 3M Thinsulate wicks moisture and sweat away for “dry” comfort.
- The exterior high-density nylon fabric is water and windproof.
- They have adjustable wrist straps and drawstrings for customizing the fit.
- The PU membrane offers additional water and wind resistibility.
- The palms and fingers have PU leather for excellent grips.
- They have zipper pockets for your car keys and other small items.
- They don’t come in another color but black and grey.
7. Simplicity Ski and Snowboard Glove – Best for Snowboarding Learners
If you opt for Simplicity snowboarding gloves, your hands will have excellent warmth, thereby heightening your performance. These gloves have the 3M Thinsulate insulation. This material not only traps and retains body warmth, but it’s also breathable as well.
It also keeps your hands dry. It does so by wicking moisture and sweat away, giving you a “dry” comfort. A highly waterproof and windproof soft, three-layered exterior protects the excellent insulation. The shell has a unique waterproof treatment that guarantees dryness for ultimate comfort.
And just as you would expect, the gloves have shirred wrists that work to keep cold and moisture out. They also have adjustable buckle wrist straps that come in handy when you want to fasten your gloves. And to secure your gloves further, you can use the drawstrings that they feature. When it comes to storing your gloves, you will have to tie them together with their connection clip. This will prevent you from losing one of them when you are in dire need of both. The gloves are durable and have PU leather palms for improved grips. Due to their elegance, affordability and a high-performing design, the gloves are best for use as a gift for winter sports enthusiasts.
- The 3M Thinsulate excellently keeps hands warm.
- The interior lining is smooth and comfortable.
- They have connection clips to safely bind them together.
- The exterior softshell is water and windproof.
- They have adjustable wrist straps and drawstrings.
- The PU leather palm offers a great grip of a snowboard.
- They come in multiple color patterns.
- They might not keep your hands warm in extremely cold conditions.
8. Anqier Winter Gloves – Best for Men and Women with Multiple Needs
These gloves are best for multiple winter sports such as snowboarding, skiing, snowmobiling and hiking just to mention a few. You can, therefore, use them to keep your hands warm when you’re snowboarding.
They come in three different color options- Black-a, Black-b and Black and Grey. You should, however, note that Black-b is the only pair of gloves that has touchscreen sensitivity. Otherwise, they share other remaining features.
First, the gloves are water and windproof due to their external shell. The waterproof shell encases the 3M Thinsulate material that traps body heat and retains it so you can stay sufficiently warm. Besides trapping the heat with a lot of excellence, the 3M Thinsulate is lightweight, durable and is also water-resistant.
It wicks away moisture and sweat, leaving your hands comfortably dry. The gloves have premium soft PU leather on their palms to help you have an excellent grip of your snowboard! The leather is durable, meaning you will have a prolonged performance.
Once you have opted for these gloves you will not have debris, snow, cold or water enter inside to affect your hands. That’s because they have double shirred wrists to keep such matter out. Also, the gloves have elastic wrist cuffs for securing the fit and making sure your hands are free of any water or cold.
You can also customize the fit further through their drawstrings! If you’d love to operate or answer calls from your smartphone, you can settle for the Black-b model. These gloves are, otherwise, great and might help you perform better than your competitors.
- They are breathable.
- They are wind and waterproof.
- Their premium soft leather palms offer excellent grips.
- The 3M Thinsulate insulation traps heat and retains it excellently.
- These gloves are affordable.
- You can also use your touchscreen if you opt for Black-b.
- A size might be smaller than the standard size.
- They don’t hold up pretty well under extreme colds.
9. AKASO Ski and Snowboard Gloves – Best for Serious Snowboarders
These gloves have a waterproof and windproof exterior shell. The shell’s water resistance comes about due to their durable water repellent (DWR) finish. Therefore, they keep your hands dry and comfortable.
The gloves have two excellent insulation materials- 40 grams of 3M Thinsulate and 140 grams of premium-quality cotton. These materials trap and retain body heat so your hands can stay comfortably warm.
Also inside the gloves are Fan-Tex membranes. They are also waterproof but allow sweat to evaporate away from the skin. They, therefore, keep your hands dry further. The gloves have a soft fleece lining that also wicks moisture and sweat away. They provide unmatched comfort to the skin so you can concentrate on winning the snowboarding sport. They have elastic wrist cords and drawstrings that you can use to keep snow and cold out. And with their PU leather palms, you can hold your snowboard with great anti-slip grip. They have anti-lost buckles which come in handy when you are storing them away. As such, they are best for snowboarders looking to safely keep the pair for next-time use. They are a great pair of snowboard gloves worth investing in if you want to stay warm and dry.
- They are breathable.
- They have anti-lost buckles.
- The 3M Thinsulate and cotton offer excellent insulation.
- The fleece lining keeps hands comfortable and dry.
- The shell is water and windproof.
- The Fan-Tex membranes also protect hands from moisture.
- They might be too small.
- They might not keep your hands warm in very cold temperatures.
10. Yobenki -40 °F Ski and Snowboard Gloves – Best for Extremely Cold Regions
These snowboard gloves are wind and water-resistant. Their exterior shell has the water repellent treatment that makes the gloves water-resistant. Between the shell and the soft interior linings, there is a water-resistant membrane.
You can tell how hard the gloves try to keep your hands water-free. When it comes to the interiors, the gloves have 40 grams of 3M Thinsulate and 140 grams of warm cotton as insulation materials. They all trap and retain your body heat that keeps your hands warm.
Due to their excellence in retaining heat, the gloves can keep you warm even when it’s -40°F outside! What also makes them excellent snowboard gloves is their touchscreen sensitivity. You can operate your smartphone or answer calls without taking them off. Also, they have PU leather palms for gabbing items such as a snowboard with sufficient grip.
The PU leather extends to the fingers to improve the grip further. They also have nose wipe fabric on the thumbs so you don’t have to take them off when you want to clear some snow or moisture off your nose. These gloves are best for both men and women who take part in winter sports.
- They have water-resistant zipper pockets for small items.
- Their wrists are shirred to keep snow and cold out.
- They also have adjustable wrist straps and drawstrings.
- Their fingers are sensitive to touchscreens.
- They are wind and waterproof.
- They are durable.
- They have high-quality insulation materials.
- They only come in black color.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I operate my phone while wearing snowboard gloves?
It depends on the type of snowboard gloves you are wearing. Some gloves have fingers that are sensitive to touch screens while others don’t. If you desire to operate a touchscreen without taking off your gloves, you will have to carefully make your selection during shopping. Be sure to check out which gloves have touchscreen sensitive fingers and which ones don’t from our list.
2. How can I keep my hands warmer for longer?
If you want to prolong the warmth on your hands, you can buy snowboarding gloves with handwarmer pockets. They will give you some compartment to place handwarmers to avoid getting your skin burnt.
You can also buy electric snowboard gloves to keep your hands warm but not for very long. Their batteries will drain and will need a recharge. You can also buy nitrile gloves and put them inside your snowboard gloves to wick away moisture, thereby keeping your hands warmer longer.
3. Between regular and waterproof gloves, which ones should I choose?
It all depends on the weather you’re snowboarding under. If it’s colder, you might choose regular snowboard gloves. If it’s a bit warm, waterproof gloves will be ideal. When it’s colder, there will be less water on the ice or snow, and regular snowboard gloves will be just okay. On the other hand, there will be more water since the snow will be slush, making waterproof gloves to be more ideal.
When it comes to choosing the best snowboard gloves, you will have to consider a few features that you need for improved performance. Some of these features include touchscreen capability or dexterity, handwarmer pockets or comfort just to mention a few.
You will, therefore, have to choose a product with all the qualities or features that you need. All the snowboard gloves that we’ve rounded up on our list are of high-quality and might meet all of your needs. Be sure to check all of them out, or simply jump to our winner- Yobenki -40 °F Ski and snowboard Gloves.
These gloves have zipper pockets which you could use to place the handwarmers, they have touchscreen sensitive fingers, high-quality insulation materials and anti-slip PU palm and fingers. Besides, they have nose and goggle wipe thumbs! What sets them to take the number one spot is how they have all the essential features.